Tetric N-Ceram Bulk Fill by Ivoclar Vivadent is a light curing, packable composite resin used in restoration of posterior teeth. It is a part of the nano-optimized Tetric N-Collection. Tetric N-Ceram enables restoration of posterior teeth with only one layer, when the cavity is up to 4 mm in thickness. The incorporation of a patented light initiator ‘Ivocerin’ is responsible for ensuring complete cure of the filling. When compared to conventional light initiators and activators, the Ivocerin polymerization booster is much more reactive. A conditioned shrinkage stress reliever has been added to reduce shrinkage and shrinkage stress. This light cure composite can be cured with light in the wavelength ranging between 400 – 500 nm (blue light) and can be filled in increments off 4 mm. This saves a lot of chair time, which is a valuable resource for dentists.
- Restoration of deciduous teeth
- Restorations in the posterior region (Classes I and II)
- Class-V restorations (cervical caries, root erosions, wedge-shaped defects)
- Extended fissure sealing in molars and premolars
– Can be placed in increments of up to 4 mm due to Ivocerin®, the
patented light initiator
– Low shrinkage and shrinkage stress due to the shrinkage stress